- The location of the trackpad: For laptops with 14 inch and larger screen it should NOT be in the center. I should be slightly to the left (because I am right handed. Otherwise you keep accidentally scrolling with your right hand.
- Backlight: A keyboard backlight is so much better than a computer lamp.
- The location of the fan (out direction): I like it to the left . Because I keep my mouse at the right. At the front its annoying. At the back I can't be sure if a pen is not in the way.
- The location of speakers : On the top next to or above the keyboard. At any other location they will get muffled.
- Keys : moderately sized. Too small and your wrist are bending to much like so : _/ \_. Too big and the right hand is travelling too much.
- Lan port. I like it at the sides (preferably left) and not the back. So I know that the lights are blinking fine whenever the network is not working :) Also I remember to remove it before I drag my machine from its location.
This list should come in handy