But it took longer than expected. I had to reconfigure it Five Times! Primarily due to power and firewall issues.
So here is a short list that I keep handy henceforth:
- Hardware : Processor
- Hardware : RAM
- Hardware : Harddisk (+ backup space)
- Software : Operating System
- Software : Permanent administrator access on the machine
- Location : Power Stays on all the time!
- Location : All nodes you need access to should be accessible from the location.
Also I like to do the following to the windows server:
- Enable Remote Desktop
- Disable "Error Reporting" from your computer's advanced properties (this can cause some console application to be stuck at a user prompt). In windows vista it is available under : gpedit.msc -> computer configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Error Reporting -> Disable Windows Error Reporting -> Enabled.
- Disable the shutdown event tracker. This will prevent auto logon in case of power failures. gpedit.msc->computer management -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Display Shutdown Even Tracker -> Disabled -> OK (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293814)
I will update this list as I go on in life :)
PS: VS2010 and Silverlight 4 is here ... can't wait to go back and take it for a spin!
UPDATE: love VS2010 :)