I have been a very strong advocate of silverlight (for my love of C#) over all other things since the past three years.
I have dabbled with flex / flash before. Infact I even wrote a python script that writes your service access code (in pyamf) on the flex end for you, given your django web service.
I now feel that I have stayed away from the flash / flex ecosystem for too long. A number of facts have convinced me that perhaps I need to jump back into the sea of adobe. These are :
- The very strong commitment that I see from adobe on flash :
- The sheer amount of integration help you get for chrome web store
- The google adsense for games (supports only flash)
- The ability to target android (which I believe will be the long standing phone operating system, like symbian was, for the future)
- The ability to target iphone / ipad
- The possible reach you have with facebook (I know its old ... but browser penetration + android flash playablility)
- Adobe is the king of design. And I feel about design deeply ..... its about time I took a deep dive!
In short, it is all about feeling that I am missing fantastic monetization possibilities by limiting myself to silverlight.