Thursday, August 18, 2011

Using the django version that comes with google app engine as your default

I have google app engine installed in my C: drive and the path to django looks like this :
I modified my PYTHONPATH adding "C:\Program Files\Google\google_appengine\lib\django_1_2;" at the end as shown (the ; should not be important but some ide's need it to scan properly):



To run the django tools from the command line (not google app engine specific ... valid for all django installations): 

I then added the django's bin folder "C:\Program Files\Google\google_appengine\lib\django_1_2\django\bin" to my system PATH as shown:


Next you need to fix the file association using the following registry script (save as .reg and merge)


Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\py_auto_file\shell\open\command] @="\"C:\\PYTHON\\App\\python.exe\" \"%1\" %*"


This basically adds this key:



Now you can test it from the command pro as follows :
"django-admin.py --version"



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment