Saturday, October 8, 2011

Offline Installer for Visual Studio 2010 SP1

Reinstalling windows is something that I do at least once a year on any machine that I have ever used. Its not a bad omen on the part of windows ... its just that I like my computer system to be clean. So I would really like to have an offline installer for Visual Studio 2010 SP1 that I just run after windows reinstallation rather than waiting to download 500 MB with an online installer. So here is the offline installer for Visual Studio 2010 SP1 core.



Download it here 
Note that the size of the offline installer is 1.5 GB+ because it contains upgrade files for every possible upgrade path (x86 / x64 etc).

Just extract the iso with winrar and run setup.exe.
Note : I recommend that you uninstall AsyncCTP (pre SP1 version) before you being this installation.
Enjoy!

3 comments: