Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Flex BIRT Report Viewer

Just though I should share this before I back it up on my harddisk (since I am not using BIRT anymore).

This is a simple BIRT report viewer (basically hides BIRT under your customized view).

It uses the famous IFrame code to show a simple web page (retrieved from the BIRT runtime) under a flex application.

It also determines where you are viewing the report (on my pc or on the server) and points to the appropriate location.

Here is a screen shot for you enjoyment. While it runs:

After completion:


All you need to do is change the following in the code :
ReportViewerUrl = "http://localhost:8400/ReportXViewer/"
to point to your server.
Then after deployment you can simply call appending ?__report=yourreport.rptdesign as you normally would with the servlet based report viewer.

Enjoy.
Of course you should change the logo to your own ;)
http://code.google.com/p/birtreportviewer/downloads/list

6 comments:

  1. Hi,

    thanks for sharing!

    What is the reason, that you stopped to use BIRT?

    TIA!

    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just moved my code from java to C#. Primarily because of Visual studio and its RAD features.
    I do more desktop development now than web development and swing is ... swing. Keeping front end in one platform and the server in another is highly inconvenient (makes one a jack of all trades and a master of none ... for now) .

    Besides that BIRT is the BEST FREE feature rich reporting suite that I have reviewed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello, My name is Jesus and i have a problem, im programming in c# Express 2010 i havent the reporting features, do you know any reporting suite that i can use ????? is a desktop development and i use Mysql

    any comments or something my email is: jmemp@hotmail.com

    thx very much

    ReplyDelete
  4. its not working...please send proper code

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi...
    it's not working when am add my report ..please send to me proper source code....

    ReplyDelete