I believe Xmanager to be the best XWindows remote desktop solution available as of now.
Here's how I connect to my solaris machines:
- Start Xbrowser
- Click on New toolbar icon - > New session wizard
- Select Xstart and click next
- Type in your host IP and select telnet as your protocol (if that is what you are using …. Which is generally the case from intranet applications)
- Type in your username and password
- Select 4 Xterm (Solaris). This will export your display to the terminal and start an xterm session. (cool stuff)
- Click next and click finish.
Now you can even export this connection to your desktop.