Saturday, December 26, 2009

Setting up my HTC Hero

Just got my hands on a brand new HTC hero as a gift.
Previous phone was N86 8MP (loved the camera ... but hey ... its always fun to try something new ;) )

Anyways. Here is a description of how I did the migration :

  • Synced my N86 with outlook using nokia pc suite. 
  • Installed HTC Sync for HTC HERO. 
  • Synced HTC hero with outlook. Now all I miss are the Notes (appointments / anniversaries / contacts are done ;) ). (I think I remember the ability to copy notes as text from the nokia phone.... but since I gave mine away ... I had to go the way of outlook as mentioned below)
  • Installed AKNote on the HTC Hero. 
  • Wrote a small script for outlook to export the notes as a text files: 
Sub exportNotesAsText()
   myfolder = "D:\COPY\PHONE\NOTES\" 'setup the folder path. Must end with backslash
   Set myNote = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(olFolderNotes)
   For ibi = 1 To myNote.Items.Count
       myNote.Items(ibi).SaveAs myfolder & myNote.Items(ibi).Subject & ".txt", 0
   Next
End Sub


All set.

No comments:

Post a Comment