Just got my hands on a brand new HTC hero as a gift.
Previous phone was N86 8MP (loved the camera ... but hey ... its always fun to try something new ;) )
Anyways. Here is a description of how I did the migration :
- Synced my N86 with outlook using nokia pc suite.
- Installed HTC Sync for HTC HERO.
- Synced HTC hero with outlook. Now all I miss are the Notes (appointments / anniversaries / contacts are done ;) ). (I think I remember the ability to copy notes as text from the nokia phone.... but since I gave mine away ... I had to go the way of outlook as mentioned below)
- Installed AKNote on the HTC Hero.
- Wrote a small script for outlook to export the notes as a text files:
myfolder = "D:\COPY\PHONE\NOTES\" 'setup the folder path. Must end with backslash
Set myNote = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(olFolderNotes)
For ibi = 1 To myNote.Items.Count
myNote.Items(ibi).SaveAs myfolder & myNote.Items(ibi).Subject & ".txt", 0
- Mount the htc sd card to the pc : http://www.brighthub.com/mobile/google-android/articles/47315.aspx
- copy the notes to a folder on the SD card
- Unmount the sd card from the pc using the notifications.
- launch ak notes -> menu -> settings -> import notes.