Monday, February 8, 2010

.NET Obfuscators

It has been quite some time since I worked on desktop only applications. Now that I am working on a new project that is desktop only I was looking at .NET Obfuscators out there. Also my application is in WPF.

I used to love smartassembly back when I did winforms. Its simple yet powerful. But it crashed on me (verified by below review as well)

Okay so ... let see what I can find on the internet:
Highly informative Silverlight obfuscators review: http://www.olsonsoft.com/blogs/stefanolson/post/Selecting-an-obfuscator-for-Silverlight.aspx

I am feeling biased about trying out : http://www.foss.kharkov.ua/g1/projects/eazfuscator/dotnet/Default.aspx

Simply because it is Free! and I LOVE FREE. The least people can do is use it and leave the developer a comment. Working on home laptop right now ... Will update if it worked out for me later on. (well it didn't ... but I got my old smart assembly to work as per the silverlight review : i.e. disable class / property renaming etc)

Would recommend EazFuscator ... you can get it to work by using attributes.

3 comments:

  1. Don't know much about .NET obfuscators. But Eschew Obfuscation used to be my myspace page name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crypto Obfuscator v2010 (http://www.ssware.com/cryptoobfuscator/obfuscator-net.htm) now has explicit support for WPF/Silverlight assemblies in that it can automatically exlcude classes/members from obfuscation. Saves you a whole lot of time. You can download a trial and
    check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using .NET obfuscators since it first came out & for me its one of the best in that field.

    ReplyDelete